Who will be the leader in Autonomous shipping
- - Jun 10, 2020
By 2025, China will take a leading position in Autonomous shipping. This forecast is given in a study by the British consulting company Thetius.
Thetius analyzed about 3,000 patents related to Autonomous navigation and concluded that 96% of them were registered in China. And the vast majority of these patents have been registered over the past five years by a narrow group of Chinese universities and private companies. "We can conclude that Chinese developers are allocated significant funding for their projects to create a new generation of unmanned technologies. In addition, the Chinese authorities have supported this industry by creating a huge center for testing these technologies in Autonomous shipping in Guangdong, " thetius notes. According to the Thetius report, the market for Autonomous Maritime transport is $ 1.1 billion a year. This figure is expected to grow by 7% by 2025% Last December, China's first Autonomous vessel, the Jin Dou Yun 0 Hao, successfully completed its maiden voyage to Zhuhai – a city where China is creating an industrial platform for Autonomous navigation.
Latest from Super User
- The US Congress called for Turkey to be expelled from NATO
- A man lost in the forest was saved with the help of Beeline development
- Loss of "Naftogaz" are the last lucrative asset of Ukraine
- The explosion at the Ukraine will sober up the opponents of "Nord stream — 2" in Europe
- Rostec has assembled a base station for 5G
Login to post comments