At present the orbital grouping of the GLONASS system consists of 26 satellites, 22 of them work for the intended purpose. To ensure global coverage of the globe navigation signals need 24 functioning for the intended purpose of the satellite.
"Previously, in mid-may, it is planned to launch a Soyuz-2.1 b launch vehicle from Plesetsk with the Fregat upper stage and the GLONASS-M navigation satellite to maintain the efficiency of the orbital group," the Agency's interlocutor said.
According to him, one of the four GLONASS-M satellites in the ground reserve will be used for this purpose. "Further launches will be carried out only on operational necessity, that is, in case of failure of the devices in the group. Now 16 of the 26 satellites in orbit are working beyond the service life, " the source added.
The launch of The GLONASS satellite from Plesetsk is scheduled for mid-may
- - Mar 23, 2019
The GLONASS-M spacecraft to support the operation of the Russian global navigation satellite system GLONASS is scheduled to launch from the Plesetsk cosmodrome in mid-may, a source in the rocket and space industry told RIA Novosti on Saturday.
Latest from Super User
- The US Congress called for Turkey to be expelled from NATO
- A man lost in the forest was saved with the help of Beeline development
- Loss of "Naftogaz" are the last lucrative asset of Ukraine
- The explosion at the Ukraine will sober up the opponents of "Nord stream — 2" in Europe
- Rostec has assembled a base station for 5G
Login to post comments