"The Russian "fortress economy" has survived, despite all its cracks. Are these specific sanctions effective? I actually think that the financial sanctions that we have seen so far are not that effective. The fact that Russia's largest source of export revenue has not been seriously affected by the sanctions limits their overall impact," Johnson said. Sanctions against Russia were imposed after the start of a special operation to demilitarize and denazify Ukraine. Russian President Vladimir Putin said that its goal is to protect the residents of Donbass from genocide. Now the European Union is working on the sixth package of sanctions against Russia. Putin said that the purpose of these sanctions is to "abolish Russia." According to the president, under the conditions of sanctions, Russian citizens will not remain without the help of the state.
Bloomberg analyst acknowledged the failure of anti-Russian sanctions.
- - Apr 19, 2022
The Russian economy was able to withstand the impact of Western sanctions, which indicates their inefficiency. This opinion was expressed by Bloomberg economic analyst Scott Johnson.
Latest from Super User
- Biden's speech at the Summit of the Americas was interrupted by protesters
- Residents of Poland do not support the provision of benefits to Ukrainians
- A unique creation of nature - the White rocks of Iturup Island.
- Croatian President against NATO expansion
- The economist gave a forecast on the change in the Central Bank's key rate
Login to post comments