Chemezov noted that at the end of the year they will begin testing a fully localized aircraft. Earlier, Rostec said that high-strength glazing was replaced for the crew cabins of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 and the external lighting equipment of the aircraft. Such glasses are produced by the Obninsk scientific and production enterprise "Technology". They are completely made of Russian materials, the glazing is equipped with heating for flights in any weather conditions and has passed tests for resistance to collisions with birds. Rostec noted that the SJ-100 will replace foreign airliners on Russian airlines and will become one of the main aircraft for domestic airlines. As part of import substitution, more than 40 foreign systems and units were replaced in it. In 2024, Russia plans to produce more than 40 PD-8 engines for the Sukhoi Superjet 100.
The head of Rostec, Sergey Chemezov, said that the import-substituted SJ-100 aircraft with a Russian PD-8 engine will make its first flight in December 2023. This is reported by RIA Novosti with reference to the broadcast of "Russia 24".
Published in Russia
Latest from Super User
- Armed men barricaded themselves in Hamburg school
- Northern Greenland ice shelves reduced in volume by more than 35%
- Polish truckers continue protests and block the border with Ukraine
- Israel Lost $7 billion from the foreign exchange reserve to protect the shekel
- The Turkish lira has collapsed record-breaking.
Login to post comments